admin Posted on 8:07 pm

Offensive Spread for Soccer – 5 Wide Attack Offensive

The football spread offense has become one of the most popular high school and college plays in football today. Here is an article about a new type of crime propagated.

Soccer’s extended offense allows you to be more aggressive on offense. You can win football games by using the extended offense even if your opponent is more talented.

I spoke with former NFL player and head football coach Bill Renner and he’s got some of his thoughts on the extended offense for football.

“Establish a Beachhead” Once we determine which attack method, running or passing, is the most effective against our opponent, we will use that as the primary means of attacking them 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time we will mix one of the other attack methods. We want to have two means of attack so we don’t allow defense to focus on and adjust to our primary method. At the same time, we want to consider taking what the defense allows us, whether it’s running or passing. Both the running and passing systems should be simple but give you the answers to whatever the defense shows you.

“One piece of territory at a time” – Do not try to beat the opponent in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, hit him gradually, control him. We want to have an offensive attack that they can’t stop from the 1st quarter to the 4th quarter and play all the offensive situations the same, aggressive and attacking. We do not change the offenses by distance, being ahead, being behind, goal line/short footage, last play, two minutes, etc. The 5 Wide Attack Spread Offense works for all situations and allows us to take territory, little by little. We ALWAYS remember that no amount of points is enough for them or us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *